One of the most disturbing gynecological phenomenons faced by women across the world is nothing butleucorrhea. It is also commonly known as white vaginal discharge or vaginal discharge which actually is an abnormal discharge of a kind of white thick liquid from the female genital.
White discharge could be smooth or sometimes sticky or lumpy. To some extent it is regarded as a normal and healthy discharge as by this process female body gets rid of dead and worn cells, and toxic matters. When leucorrhea appears to be very heavy and is not controllable with sanitary pads, or if the color of the fluid is not pure white but grey-white, green or yellow, rusty or brown, or if the patient has an itchy feeling after the white discharge then it needs immediate medical attention.
White Discharge Symptoms
- Patient is having dark yellow, green, or brown colored discharge
- Discharge is associated with itchy sensation
- Pain in the pelvic region, abdominal pain, and back pain is quite common
- During white discharge the patient shows the indications of mood swing and lack of interest in daily activities
- If not treated in time the discharge might take place from anal region
Types and Causes of White Discharge
Different types and respective causes of white discharge are listed below:
Fungal Infection: This white discharge occurs due to infectious fungal attack. Infection due to fungus like yeast might occur at the internal tract of female organ resulting in thick whitish discharge with itchy feelings. This infection is also known as vaginal thrush.
Fungal infection might also happen due to using unhygienic toilets. Public toilets where many people share the same place in an unhygienic way could infect each other easily. Especially those who usually forget to remove tampon or diaphragm or who use a lot of vaginal medications might be the source of infectious microorganisms in public toilet.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD): Certain STDs could easily cause leucorrhea. The most infamous disease among them is trichomoniasis which results in greenish or yellowish discharge.
Cervical Problem: This rusty or brownish discharge similar to blood happens due to the problem in cervical area. Sometimes due to certain problems in cervix, such as erosion of a cervical polyp, might cause inflammation in the pelvis region resulting in vaginal discharge.
Stress Related: It is believed that white discharge is psychosomatic to some extent could be initiated due to undue stress and mental anxiety.
Pelvic Disorders and other Diseases: Due to complications in the pelvic area some patients might develop pelvic inflammatory disease which often results in a white discharge with pain in the lumber region. Women who are suffering from tuberculosis, anemia, or immuno-deficiency could experience frequent heavy discharge.
White Vaginal Discharge Prevention
- It is important to maintain a healthy body in order to stave away infectious diseases. A good diet consisting of well-balanced nutrients, ample green vegetables and salads, and plenty of fresh curd, enough rest, and stress management and yoga would undoubtedly enhance your resistance against infections.
- It is better to restrict the intake of fried, hot, and spicy food items. Also try to avoid sugary and fermented food items, mushrooms, sweets, cheese, pudding, alcohol, and bakery items like pastries.
- Drink plenty of water. It is preferable to take at least 10 to 15 glasses of water everyday.
- Good genital hygiene is extremely important for thwarting vaginal discharge. Wash your genital with plenty of water at least 1 to 2 times on a daily basis and afterwards pat dry.
- After defecation wash and wipe the area from front to back to prevent any transmitted infection from stools.
- Instead of nylon panties go for cotton. Also change your wet undergarments promptly to evade infection.
- It is better to use clean cotton pads instead of tampons during menstruation.
- Both male and female partners should wash their hands and genitals carefully before and after love making.
- Before copulation it should be ensured that any one of the partners is not infected with STD. It is better to use a condom as a safety measure.
- Try to maintain your blood sugar level as normal as possible.
- Do not scratch with nails. Never use any perfumed spray or talc, or any deodorant soaps in your genital area.
Herbal Remedy for White Vaginal Discharge
Amalaki (Embilica officinale): This herb is well-known pacifier of pitta dosha and quite useful for white discharge.
Lodra (Symplocus racemosus): It is useful in purifying our blood and cleaning out toxic infectious matters from genitor-urinary tract.
Udumbar (Ficus glomerata): Also known as fig tree this herb is widely used as anti-discharge herbal medication. A decoction made by boiling a mixture of equal amounts (1 tbsp powder each) of banyan and fig tree bark could be used for douching which relieves the discharge.
Yastimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra): This herb is a very well disinfectant and is quite useful for removing microorganisms responsible for infections.
Ashoka (Saraca indica): The bark of this herb is also used as a disinfectant for female genital tract and is quite effective for problems like white discharge.
Natural Remedies to Cure Vaginal Discharge
Herbal Supplements for Yellow / White Discharge
Gynol Syrup could be recommended as one of the best herbal medications for problems like white discharge. The unique herbal components of this amazing natural remedy have powerful therapeutic values which are quite efficient in stimulating ovarian tissues and maintaining proper hormonal balance, thereby eliminating some of the stubborn gynecological problems like leucorrhea, genitor-urinary tract infection, and uterine hemorrhage.