Immune system is nothing but the self defense mechanism of human body against various harmful microorganisms, toxic matters and other infections. It is the body immune mechanism that forms several types of antibodies to fight against germs. Just like antibodies, there are several other components of immune system like bone marrow, cells, lymph nodes, spleen, chemicals, thymus glands, and tonsils. Any harmful or malicious agent like the microorganisms and larger parasites are known as pathogens. And body immunity is the natural resistance system against these pathogens.
Classification of Immunity System
The whole system of immunity mechanism could be classified into a few categories:
1.Natural or Innate Immunity
Natural or innate immunity is the process that is inherited genetically from the ancestors and passed on to the offspring. Oftentimes it is found to be nonspecific and varies from person to person depending on one’s genetic traits.
2. Surface Barriers or Mucosal Immunity
- Human skin probably provides the most important surface barrier since it is impenetrable by most microorganisms under normal condition. However this situation might vary once there is some slit or cut or wound on the skin surface making it more vulnerable for easy penetration.
- Our lungs have an excellent mechanism of expelling the pathogens by coughing or sneezing. This mechanism is known as ciliary action. Tears and urination are among a few other flushing mechanisms through which the pathogens are excreted out of the body.
- There are a few sticky mucous in our respiratory and digestive tracts which are capable of entrapping harmful agents.
- Bacterial growth is thwarted by many bodily mechanisms like the secretion of Acid pH (< 7.0) of skin and lactic acid and fatty acid content in sebum.
- Saliva, tears, nasal secretions, sweat contain a type of enzyme called lysozyme. This enzyme is capable of obliterating Gram positive bacterial cell walls causing cell lysis
- Hydrochloric acid and protein-digestive enzymes secreted by the stomach are capable of killing many pathogenic agents.
- Certain cells (macrophages, neutrophils and natural killer cells) and substances such as serum proteins, cytokines, complement, lectins, and lipid-binding proteins provide the natural protection against malicious foreign bodies.
3. Adaptive or Acquired Immunity
Adaptive or acquired immunity is a unique mechanism in which a kind of signature antigen “remembers” the pathogenic agents. Lymphocytes or the cells present within the bloodstream take active part in this mechanism. Lymphocytes consist of two major types of cells namely, the B cells and T cells out of which the percentage of T cells are usually much higher than B cells. These B cells and T cells contain receptor molecules which are capable of recognizing a particular pathogenic target.
1. Immuno deficiency
A weakness in the natural immune system is known as immunodeficiency which occurs under certain circumstances like:
- If the components of immune system are inactive
- If the proficiency of the immune system in response to the pathogenic agents are reduced
- If similar decline is observed in patients due to addiction in drugs or alcoholism and sometimes even due to obesity
- Malnutrition might be an important factor playing behind immodeficiency. This might result as an outcome of deficiency in iron; copper; zinc; selenium; vitamins A, C, E, and B 6; and folic acid or a few other factors like loss of thymus.
- Sometimes this might be a genetically acquired
Unlike immunodeficiency, hypersensitivity is an outcome of over alertness of the natural immunity system. In hypersensitivity, the immune system starts destroying the body’s own tissue. This is a quite unpredictable syndrome which might range from simple complications up to death.
3. Autoimmune disorder
This is not much different from hypersensitivity. In autoimmune disorder the natural immunity system fails to distinguish between body parts and foreign bodies and starts to attack the body parts.
Boost Immune System
Amla (Emblica officinalis): This herb is regarded as the richest natural source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It has strong antimicrobial and astringent properties which help in fighting against several infections and disorders, thereby strengthening our immune system.
It defends our body against diseases like cancer and fights against HIV. Advantages of amla, which made it the best immune enhancer, are as follows:
Advantages of amla, which made it the best immune enhancer, are as follows:
- Being a rich dietary source it enhances protein and mineral level, thereby strengthening body muscles and resistance power
- Improves gastric system and rejuvenates liver which not only helps in assimilation but also aids in removing toxic wastes
- It prevents premature graying and dandruff
- Amla is the best herbal medication for eyes
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): This herb is a powerful aphrodisiac and adaptogen which promotes our immune system and improves memory.
It enhances WBC count so as to produce antigens to get our body ready for resistance against various infectious diseases and allergies. Various benefits of ashwagandha are:
Various benefits of ashwagandha are:
- It strengthens the immune system of HIV patients
- It mitigates inflammation of joints, prevents miscarriages, and maintains normal sugar and cholesterol level
- It is a powerful immune booster as it helps in prolonging our life by improving our health and mental condition and augmenting physical energy and resistance power against infections.
Amla and Ashwagandha Herbal Capsules are highly advisable for strengthening your immune system. These are formulated with the purest form of the respective herbal extracts preserving the optimum medicinal values of Mother Nature which would help you to stay healthy and strong against any infectious diseases throughout your life.
Boost Immune System Supplements – Strengthen Immune System Supplements
Guduchi, also otherwise known as Tinospora cordifolia in the scientific world, is a huge climbing shrub which has been bestowed with a number of wonderful therapeutic values. This medicinal herb is a unique health rejuvenator which is widely known for its effectivity in enhancing natural immunity to fight against a number of health diseases.
Immuno plus is a blend of ayurvedic medicinal herbs which is mainly used for rejuvenating and strengthening up our natural immune system during or after recovering from ailments. It is extremely useful as a revitalizing tonic for our body.