As per medicine, arthritis is caused by inflamed joints. In rheumatoid arthritis, this inflammation might involve a few more vital body parts other than just joints. This might affect blood, lungs and even the heart. Pain, rigidity, and swelling are the most common features of an inflamed joint and if worsened, this might lead to change in shape of the affected area resulting in partial or complete immobility.
Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- As per Ayurveda, it is the vata dosha that takes an active part in causing this arthritic ailment. Vata dosha, mixed with malicious toxic matters which are indigestible, results in rheumatoid arthritis. These toxic matters are commonly known as ama in Ayurveda and rheumatoid arthritis, as an outcome of this combined impact of ama and vata, is known as aamvaat.
- Although there is no universally proven factor working behind this disease; however, some believe that certain viruses, bacteria and fungi are responsible.
- Yet another section of scientists believe that there might be some genetic factors playing a vital role as well.
- Since rheumatoid arthritis is classified as an autoimmune dysfunction, the role of environmental issues can not be ruled out in this regard since there are factors in the environment which are capable of stimulating the body’s immune system to attack its own tissues. Tobacco is a good example of one such important environmental factor which is able to trigger rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
It is quite easy to identify rheumatoid arthritis with the help of some typical symptoms that is present only in case of this disease.
- Usual limit of mobility is restricted
- Loss of appetite
- Numbness or tingling sensation experienced in the affected areas
- Mild fever
- Glands are commonly swelled up
- Round and painless nodules are observed under the skin surface
- A pale appearance
- Hands and feet are deformed abnormally
- Inflammation of the lungs which is commonly known as Pleurisy
There is no established evidence as to how many of the symptoms would be present in a single patient. They might appear singly or in complete range. Also they depend to a large extent on the stage of development of the disease.
Stages of Rheumatoid Arthritis
The most noticeable feature of rheumatoid arthritis is that it occurs in different stages. And during the whole process the symptoms might remain active or inactive. With inactive symptoms the patient could be in absolute remission with no complications at all. The active phase might flare-up without any prior anticipation. The signs of flare-ups might include certain typical characteristics like
- Muscle and joint pain
- Inflexibility of the joints
- Loss of appetite
- Red, distended, painful, and feeble joints are commonly observed
- There might be mild fever
During the active phase of rheumatoid arthritis, daily life becomes a tough challenge. Simple tasks like opening a gate, opening jars or even walking down the lane becomes too painful. Patients might also become dependant on others for simple daily activities.
The phase of remission is however a big relief since all the above symptoms and difficulties disappear completely and the patient is able to carry on with daily activities. The usual length of an inactive phase might last from a few days to a few months.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet and Exercise
A healthy body is always an asset which could be achieved simply by following regular exercise and dietary habit. Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease which could be subdued to a considerable extent with the help of controlled diet and appropriate exercise.
Beef, wheat, and milk products must be stopped as a preliminary step. Low protein and high carbohydrate enriched diet is ideally recommendable for such patients.
Regarding exercises consult an experienced trainer since all the exercises must be aimed at building up muscles around the joints. This would help you to carry the loads of inflamed muscles during the flare-up of the disease. At the same time one must be aware of the fact that the already inflamed joints must not be over strained due to a wrong exercise regimen. It is therefore extremely essential to go for the right physical therapist or trainer so as to prepare a perfect guideline for this purpose.
Herbal Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Relief
Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Latest research has confirmed that the ginger root thwarts the formation of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, which are accountable for pain and inflammatory symptoms of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is also useful for musculoskeletal pain and muscular discomfort.
Ashwagandha (Withania somniferous): Root extract of this herb are widely prescribed by the Ayurvedic practitioners in healing up “rheumatism” and inflammation. It has analeptic property. This herb is known to stimulate the central nervous system, control high blood pressure, and improve poor immune and erectile problems.
Effective Herbal Supplements for Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Relief
Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
Arthcare capsules are extremely useful as powerful pain reliever. A number of strong antioxidant and antirheumatic herbs efficiently work for the betterment of the joint mobility and flexibility.
Arthcare Oil is extremely effective in giving you relief from any strains and body aches in minutes. This oil easily gets absorbed right into the dermal layer of skin and directly works on the nerve cells in the muscles around the joint area.
Shallaki (Boswellia serrata): As per modern study shallaki has got amazing medicinal values in healing up rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and other arthritic problems. It is extremely useful in getting relief from swelling, pain, and morning stiffness, and augmenting blood circulation in joints and improving cartilage formation.
Arthcare Oil and Arthcare Capsules are the most effective herbal supplements available for rheumatoid arthritis and other rheumatic disorders. These are prepared with a number of highly purified herbal extracts which strengthen bone tissues, mitigate inflammation, and promote free movements of bone joints and muscles. Besides rheumatoid arthritis, they would give you relief from gout, backpain, rheumatic pains, joint pains, etc.
Herbal capsules of Shallaki, Ashwagandha, and Ginger are also extremely useful in healing up rheumatoid arthritis, join pain, and many other harrowing symptoms of arthritis.