Licorice or otherwise known as yastimadhu is perennial herb which is widely known among ayurvedic physicians for its unique medicinal attributes in healing up cough, peptic ulcers, sore throat, and a range of skin diseases.
The amazing medicinal benefits of licorice could be availed in the form of vegetable capsules which are prepared with great care from the purest extract of this herb.
This herbal medication could successfully help you to recover from a number of health disorders:
1. Licorice is extremely effective in healing sore throats. This herbal medicine is also famous for some of the oral inflammations and canker sores or mouth ulcers.
2. It is essentially useful in treating upper respiratory tract infections and lung diseases such as, coughs and cold, bronchitis, and asthmatic conditions and other allergic and bronchial inflammatory distresses.
3. Licorice is often used to assuage acidic conditions in gastrointestinal tract. It is quite effective for treating dyspepsia, heartburn, and ulcers in gastrointestinal system.
4. It is a strong anti-inflammatory agent and widely used as the perfect remedy for arthritis.
5. Licorice is also useful for skin disorders like eczema and herpes.
6. This herbal medicine has got a mild estrogenic property which is quite useful in improving the mental stress condition during menopause and menstruation.
7. Licorice is also useful in strengthening digestive system and healing up irritable bowel syndrome. It is also used for reducing bad cholesterol level and preventing several other disorders like anemia, liver disorders like cirrhosis, fatigue, lack of appetite, and a number of long-lasting infections due to low immunity.
Yastimadhu (Licorice) Herbal Dietary Supplement: 60 Vegetable Capsules
Serving size: 2 Vegi caps
Servings per container: 30
Each 500 mg capsule contains: Yastimadhu
Dosage: 1-2 Capsules two times a day after meal or or as directed by your health practitioner.
Now, let us have a closer look into some of the most important medicinal benefits of licorice.
An Effective Ayurvedic Medicine for Peptic Ulcer and Upper Respiratory Infections – Cough Remedies
Licorice is regarded as one of the best natural medicines for relieving ulcerate conditions in gastrointestinal tract. It is extremely useful for patients suffering from duodenal or gastric ulcer. Licorice herb contains a glycoside called glycyrrhizin which is mainly responsible for cutting back the activity of two enzymes that play a role in the breaking down of prostaglandin E. Presence of below normal level of prostaglandin E is known to cause stomach diseases which usually include stomach pain, colic, and various ulcers.
Licorice blocks the disposal of prostaglandin E facilitating more circulation of this natural compound throughout our body. Prostaglandin E helps to secrete stomach mucus which coats and prevents the production of potentially harmful stomach acids thereby protecting internal surface layer tissues of stomach from various kinds of ulcers and other disorders. Licorice is widely used to treat peptic ulcer which is free of side effects and equally efficient like other synthetic drugs used for this purpose.
Licorice enhances the inner strength of our body against ulcer conditions. It is more powerful and effective than antacids. A consistent consumption of licorice for a period of a few weeks could improve your ulcer condition significantly.
Licorice also promotes the formation of mucus in our respiratory tract. This renders the cough more productive and helps to make the mucus less sticky in the respiratory tract. It promotes the overall removal of cough from the tract. It also effectively promotes the expulsion of mucus from lungs and oftentimes used to cure severe respiratory diseases like bronchitis. It is a famous medicine for having unique soothing effect for sore throat and being a cough suppressant. It is a fantastic remedy for asthmatic disorders, lung congestion, and allergic conditions.
An Efficient Healer of Skin Disease and Pain Reliever
Licorice is extensively used to treat internal and external skin disorders. It has got a similar activity like hydrocortisone and also prevents histamine secretion. It helps to fight against some of the severe skin disorders like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis. It rapidly heals up cold sores and reduces the associated painful symptoms. Its anti-inflammatory nature helps to reduce the pains of rheumatism and arthritis. Being a strong antiviral agent licorice is proven to be extremely helpful in destroying Helicobacter pylori, the bacteria responsible for causing most of the ulcers and stomach inflammations.