Joint pain or sandhi shool is a very common phenomenon experienced by most of the people around the world. Joints are nothing but the junctions located in different body parts. Moveable joints are more prone to aches and pains than other common regions of human body.
Causes of Joint Pain
Factors generating joint pains are varied in nature:
- Physiological ailments related to bone and muscles like osteoarthritis, septic arthritis, tendonitis, and bursitis play a major role in causing joint pain.
- Sprains, strains or unusual and excessive pressure on these areas might trigger this painful complication.
- Certain infectious diseases like influenza, hepatitis, varicella, rheumatic fever, mumps etc. might cause temporary pain in the joint areas. Similar pain is experienced as an outcome of fractures and injuries.
- Excessive accumulation of uric acid in the blood results in traumatic painful condition at the joint of big toe. This arthritic disorder is otherwise known as gout.
Joint Pain Symptoms
- Joint pain symptoms are wide-ranging in nature. At some point they are felt like pinching sensation and at some other there is grinding or piercing sensation.
- There would be difficulty in moving, walking, or climbing stairs. Running is almost impossible. These complications are usually accompanied by muscle and joint ache and tenderness. Sometimes the pain might also aggravate and thwart the normal activities like writing, typing, throwing objects, turning a key and even holding an object.
- Sometimes a kind of crackling sound is also heard in that affected area which in Ayurveda is known as sphutan.
- Affected joints might get red and swelled up with increased pain. Pitta and Kapha dosha are two chief responsible factors behind this swelling and redness.
- People suffering from chronic articular rheumatism typically face the problem of extreme pain and stiffness in the joint areas.
Joint Pain Prevention
- The joints and bone structure of humans gradually worsen with age. The synovial fluid that is responsible for lubricating the joints loses its efficacy, thereby triggering pain and stiffness in the affected areas.
- Over exercise and carrying extra load might also generate harmful impacts and therefore they should be avoided.
- Maintain the normal movements of the joints.
- Cold weather affects pains and aches. Therefore one must stay away from such weather in order to prevent joint pain.
- Tight and body hugging clothes are uncomfortable and also responsible for aggravating such harrowing pains.
- Certain wrong postures like bending the body forward or sitting on a chair for a longer duration often affects pains in the joints.
- A patient of joint pain must not sleep on soft mattresses. Flat surface is rather preferable for sleeping. Covering the affected areas with blanket or some warm clothes is suggestible for better comfort.
Diet for Joint Pains
- Foods with sour taste, green salad and fruits are to be included in daily diet chart.
- Food items or ingredients containing artificial flavor, additives, fish, wheat and oil must be controlled.
- Junk food items, cold beverages and spicy foods must be stopped.
- It is a well accepted fact that pulses and grams are responsible for aggravating vaata dosha. Therefore these items must be consumed in a rather restricted manner.
Home Remedies for Joint Pains
- Bishop’s weed seed oil is excellent massage oil which works like a wonder for patients suffering from joint pain. The oil must be warmed before applying on the affected area.
- Crushed seeds of Embelia ribes or false black pepper mixed in ginger juice and rock salt is an effective solution. Three grams of this mixture could be consumed thrice a day with honey.
- Massage a warm mixture of garlic and sesame oil on the painful joints gives a very useful solution to these problems.
Joint Pain Relief
Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum): Ashwagandha is well-known for its adaptogenic property. Root extract of this herb is widely used in treating “rheumatism” and inflammation. Ashwagandha is a potent analeptic and works to stimulate our central nervous system.
Muscle and Joint Pain Relief
Herbal Remedies for Joint Pain Relief
Arthcare capsules are extremely useful as powerful pain reliever. A number of strong antioxidant and antirheumatic herbs efficiently work for the betterment of the joint mobility and flexibility.
Shallaki (Boswellia serrata): Modern scientific study has established the utility of shallaki in healing up joint pains, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, and other rheumatic disorders. The herbal extract of shallaki is extremely effective in alleviating swelling, pain, and morning stiffness, and improving blood circulation at joint areas and speeding up cartilage formation.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Ginger is widely used for joint pain. Latest research has reveled that the root of ginger thwarts the formation of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. These two natural chemicals present in our body are responsible for pan and inflammation. Ginger is also effective for musculoskeletal pain and muscular discomfort.
Arthcare Oil and Arthcare Capsules are proven herbal medications used for healing up rheumatic problems like joint pains, gout, arthritis, etc. These wonderful natural remedies are formulated with a number of rare and eminent herbal extracts which are known to support our bone tissues. Regular use of these medicines effectively mitigates chronic and acute inflammation, and promotes the mobilization of bone joints and muscles. Besides joint pain it would give you relief from gout, backache, rheumatic pains, etc.
Shallaki, Ashwagandha, and Ginger Herbal Capsules are also extremely effective in alleviating joint pains in no time.