Human heart is one of most important organs which pumps in oxygen and nourishments throughout the cells and tissue of each and every part of our body and at the same time pumps out carbon dioxide and other toxic matters through excretory organs. A normal heart pumps in five liters of blood through the arteries and capillaries which after circulation throughout the entire body rush back to the heart through veins. The total cycle completes within 60 seconds. Heart is everything for us and a healthy heart signifies a good physical health.
Just like any other muscle our heart too needs a regular supply of oxygen and nourishments which are supplied by the coronary arteries. Due to many reasons blood carrying vessels get clogged in some places and also sometimes the heart muscles become inactive resulting in several heart disorders. Innumerable people throughout the world suffer from array of heart diseases. These disorders mainly include high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis, angina, heart attack and heart failure, cardiomyopathy, rheumatic heart disease, valvular disease, mitral valve prolapse, and hypertension.
Heart Diseases Causes
There are a number of causal factors which affect our heart badly. The most prominent ones are as follows:
- High Cholesterol Level: There are three types of cholesterol. Among them the LDL or low density lipoprotein is known as “bad cholesterol.” Liver synthesizes this type of cholesterol in order to transmit fats and cholesterol from liver to body tissue which augments the cholesterol level in our blood. The bad cholesterol mounts up inside narrow artery tubes blocking the natural flow of blood toward heart resulting in severe heart disorders.
- High Blood Pressure: During hypertensive situation heart works more forcefully to circulate blood more rapidly throughout the body. It enhances blood pressure level in our body which compels the heart muscles to do more work thereby exhaustion. If this situation prevails for a longer time heart might get enlarged keeping up with the demands.
Due to high blood pressure blood vessels could become hard and the overall situation increases the chance of cardiac arrest, cerebro-vascular stroke, congestive heart failure, or numerous coronary artery disorders.
- Smoking:Smoking increases the rate of heartbeats which in turn hardens arteries resulting in irregular heartbeats. It also increases the blood pressure enhancing the risk of heart stroke.
Due to smoking a number of poisonous chemicals like nicotine and carbon monoxide enter the blood stream which increases fatty plaques in the narrow arteries. Due to imbalance of fibrinogen blood tends to clot abnormally causing more serious heart disorders.
- Obesity: If your BMI (body mass index=weight/height) crosses 30 then you are obese and at risk of having heart disease. Obesity tends to increase fatty substances in your blood vessels causing the heart to be more and more tired and diseased.
- Diabetes: Diabetes patients suffer from high blood sugar level which might result in thickening of the coronary artery basement membrane leading to coronary artery disorder.
Heart Disease Symptoms
- Most common symptom of coronary heart disease is angina pectoris which is associated with severe chest pain, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, sweating, and discomfort, heaviness, squeezing or painful feelings.
- Indications of heart attack could be varied. The prominent symptom could be the pain in the chest or pain in the left arm from heart to shoulder and then to fingers. Gripping or squeezing pain, vomiting, breathlessness, fainting, heaviness in the chest and faster heartbeats are some of the other symptoms of heart attack.
Heart Disease Prevention
- Regular exercise is the best way to save the heart muscles from the bad effects of heart diseases. Workouts might include yoga, walking, jogging, swimming, bicycling, aerobic exercises, etc. These physical activities enhance blood circulation, improve functional capacity of heart, decrease fat and cholesterol level, and reduce the chance of aggravation of any heart diseases.
- Managing stress level is very important in order to control hypertension. Reduced mental stress and anxiety would be extremely helpful in reducing the chance of heart diseases like heart blockage and heart attack. Pranayama (breathing techniques) are the best way to get rid of mental stress, anxiety, tension. Yoga and pranayama could help you to get relief from all sorts of heart disorders.
Heart Disease Diet
- Limit your protein intake up to 50 to 60 g. One needs to avoid animal fats, pork, beef, dairy products, and red meat.
- Amount of carbohydrate in daily diet should be restricted as carbohydrate is responsible for the synthesis of cholesterol and triglyceride.
- Margerine, milk products, cheese, oils containing saturated fat should be restricted. Sweets, junk food items, fried foods, cold drinks, etc. should also be avoided. Have fibrous food or roughage in your diet. Limit your table salt up to 2 to 3 g per day.
Herbal Remedies for Heart Problems
Garlic (Allium sativum): This wonderful herb is a well-known cholesterol mitigator. It minimizes the chance of heart disorders by reducing the level of bad cholesterol, blocking the formation of fatty plaque in arteries, lowering high blood pressure, and diminishing the chance of fibrinolysis or clotting of blood. Garlic is extremely helpful in preventing atherosclerosis, improving blood circulation, and lowering cholesterol level.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): This unique herb is widely known as an effective anti-stress herbal medication. Its powerful adaptogenic effect helps in getting rid of hypertension and anxiety which helps in preventing the chance of heart attack or formation of other heart diseases.
Guggul (Commiphora mukul): Guggul is immensely effective in lowering blood cholesterol level. It enhances HDL or good cholesterol level and decreases LDL or bad cholesterol level which aids in thwarting atherosclerosis, psoriasis, and cardiac ischemia.
Herbal Supplements for Heart Problems – Herbs for Heart Problems
Dilguard – This herbal medication is formulated with a unique combination of a number of natural herbs which have long been cherished as the best herbs for heart related diseases.
Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna): This amazing herb is a natural coronary vasodilator. Its unique therapeutic aspects help in strengthening heart muscles and blood circulation. Presence of some natural flavonoids, oligomeric proanthocyanidins, and coenzyme Q-10 helps in maintaining the normal pumping activity of heart, thereby reinforcing the dilation of blood vessels. It is extremely useful in healing up heart disease like angina, congestive heart failure, and heart attack.
Cardocare is one of the best contemporary natural remedy for cardiovascular disorders. These natural capsules are formulated with the combination of some of the highly pure life-saving herbal extracts.
Dilguard and Cardocare herbal capsules are strongly advisable for any type of heart disorders. These are formulated with the purest extract of some of the eminent herbs like Ashwagandha, Arjuna, Guggul, Gudichi, and Sarpagandha. They are extremely helpful in maintaining blood pressure, cholesterol level, and stress level thereby protecting your heart from each and every harmful factor without even imposing a single side effect.
Besides, Arjuna and Guggul herbal capsules are immensely effective heart-tonics and cardio-protective natural products which could be useful in maintaining a sound and healthy heart throughout your life.