Hair loss or “alopecia” is one of the most common problems faced by almost everyone in this world. It is nothing but the thinning out of hair from the scalp. It is quite normal to lose a certain amount hair when we comb our hair or take bath. However, if hair fall becomes abnormally high we face the problem of untimely baldness, severely tarnishing our physical appearance.
Causes of Hair Loss
There are a number of causal factors which lead to permanent hair loss or baldness.
Harmful hair dyes: Extremely harmful chemicals used in hair cosmetics such as, dyes, bleaches, tints, permanent waves, and straighteners. Excessive use of any of these could weaken or break the hair strands, leading to hair fall.
Wrong hairstyle: Some hairstyles need pulling of hair like braids and ponytails. Overdoing of these sorts of hairstyles might cause hair loss.
Heredity: Genetic factors play an important role in alopecia. As per Ayurveda this hereditary aspect descends from father on to his offspring and this modern research supports this theory. This condition is also known as androgenetic alopecia and could start anytime from teenage up to the thirties.
Hair care: Hair roots could be damaged due to brushing, combing, or shampooing too often. Combing wet hair leads to hair loss as they become more fragile after bath.
Illness: Stress situation or too much of dandruff encourages hair loss. Improper functioning of thyroid gland could also responsible. If someone has estrogenic or androgenic hormonal problems then he/she might face the hair loss problem. Diabetes or fungal attacks are some of the factors playing behind it.
Food habits: If your diet consists of excessive salty, spicy, or oily food items then they might result in hair fall.
Treatments: Some treatment procedures like chemotherapy leads to baldness. Certain medications used for gout, depression, birth control, and some anti-coagulants and excess vitamin A might cause hair loss.
Hair Loss Symptoms
- Significant quantity of hair loss while combing after bath
- If the hairline gradually moves backward
- If hair roots become extremely weak and plucks out easily
- In the morning if one finds huge quantity of hair on the bed sheet, pillowslip, or blanket on a regular basis.
Hair Loss Prevention
Preventing hair loss is extremely difficult if it is hereditary. However, a few guidelines regarding hair care could prove to be extremely helpful:
- Avoid combing harshly or do not try hard while brushing your hair.
- Keep the length of hair short as longer hairs fall easily.
- Do not use salty or hot water for washing hair as it might loosen your hair follicles.
- Instead of using harmful chemical shampoos and soaps it is preferable to switch over to purely herbal shampoos and soaps for washing hair. Before going for any hair care product check whether it would be suitable for you.
- Try not to leave your hair dry instead lubricate them with oils like coconut oil 2 to 3 times a week.
- Stay away from too spicy or salty foods.
- Head massage and aroma therapy are extremely helpful in preventing hair loss. Temporary hair loss could be thwarted by maintaining proper oxygen flow into the blood vessels of scalp.
An ideal hair pack could be made as follows:
Mix six drops of lavender oil with 4 ounce of soybean oil, seasame oil, or almond. Use this mixture to massage the scalp and leave for 15 minutes. It is extremely useful in stimulating blood stream to hair follicles and promoting hair growth.
Hair Loss Diet
Diet has an important role in preventing alopecia. Following points would be useful while preparing diet:
- Populate your diet chart with food items containing silica, iron, and calcium. It would help in reducing hair fall. Green leafy vegetables, raw oats, dry fruits, beetroot and cherry juices are good sources of those minerals.
- Coconut in the form of oil, chutney, or milk are quiet useful for hair loss problem. Brown rice, oats, carrots, gingers, onions, winter squash, black beans, pumpkin, black pepper, whole grains, nuts, brinjal, ladies finger, and green salad are some of the food items should be included in order to prevent hair loss.
- Cold drinks, sugary victuals, excessive raw foods and citrus fruits, animal proteins, and food stuffs having high fat content should be avoided.
Hair Loss Solutions
Bhringraj (Eclipta elba): This herb has amazing therapeutic values which help in tightening hair roots and improving the overall look of hair.
Amla (Embilica officinalis): It is an excellent mitigator of pitta dosha which helps in preventing hair loss.
Almonds (Prunus amygdalus): It helps in enhancing hair growth and thwarts hair loss.
Coconut (Cocos nucifera): Coconut is the perfect hair vitalizer and widely used for years. It tightens the hair follicles and improves the overall appearance by enhancing the dark tint of hair.
Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss Solutions
ZYX Herbal Hair Cream is a unique combination of nine extremely useful herbswhich have been chosen to prepare this amazing hair tonic. Regular use of this cream would be immensely useful in fighting against hair loss, dandruff, graying, etc.
ZYX Hair Cream has the following advantages
- It is a complete hair vitalizer
- Does not contain any harsh chemical
- Possess no side effects
- A Natural solution of hair problems
Besides, you could also use Bhringaraja and Amla herbal capsules in order to stave away hair problems completely.