Weak erection is often defined as the incapability of a man in keeping up a firm erection while making love with his female partner. It is also known as erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence. This male sexual dysfunction is quite common in older males than in younger ones.
This dysfunction could be of two broad types:
- The male partner is not capable of having any erection at all
- The male partner might get an erection, but unable to sustain it for a considerable period required for satisfying the female partner
Erectile dysfunction could be either a physiological or psychological ailment or both. A person having ED due to physiological reasons would not be able to achieve erection whereas a patient having psychological erectile dysfunction would be able to attain a short erection. Before we could understand the reason behind weak erection it is necessary to know how erections occur.
Basic Mechanism of Erection
Male organ is composed of spongy tissues. When male partner gets aroused these spongy tissues become expanded making the room for huge blood to be filled in which leads to a hard and prolonged erection. When the male partner loses arousal the accumulated blood disgorges from tissues making the organ flaccid within a few seconds.
What Happens in Weak Erection
In normal males the flow of blood remains sufficient and the spongy tissues could hold them till he is not reaching orgasm. But in men having ED blood flow in male organ is not sufficient. Due to inadequate flow of blood the spongy tissues cannot expand fully. Also they are not capable to hold back accumulated blood for considerable time so as to make the male organ properly erected. A number of factors are believed to be responsible for ED.
Causal Factors for Weakness in Erection
- Diabetes mellitus is found to be one of the leading causes behind this problem in most of the men. Study showed at least 35 to 50% diabetic patients are suffering from ED.
- Neurological disorders, cardiovascular disorders, atherosclerosis and multiple sclerosis are some of the other diseases which are believed to be responsible for poor erection problem.
- Alcoholism, drug abuse, smoking, etc. tamper the nervous system of the male partner which inhibits the nerve impulses from being transmitted freely from the brain to male organ, thereby causing ED. A huge number of drugs which are meant for the problems of nervous system might cause this dysfunction in men. These drugs include antihistamines, tranquilizers, appetite suppressants, antidepressants, etc.
- Patients underwent surgical treatments at the groin area such as prostate cancer surgery, bladder removal surgery, etc. might also become victims of erection problem as these surgical remedies could numb nerve endings in that region preventing nerve impulse from reaching male organ from brain.
- Sometimes male partners become nervous before love making which makes them fail to achieve erection.
- Hormonal imbalance might also lead to poor erection as the deficiency of testosterone would prevent the patient from getting sufficient erection.
- Stay away from excessive use of alcohol or use of illegal drugs.
- Follow doctor’s suggestion in order to alleviate diseases like chronic diabetes or kidney problems
- Review your medicines carefully as they might be the reason of your erectile problem. Discuss with physician about possible replacement of your regular dosage or medicine if necessary.
- For psychological erection problems it is advisable to have counseling with a professional psychologist in order to get over this problem.
Herbal Remedy for Weak Erection
Safed musli (Chlorophytum arundinaceum): This herb is an excellent ayurvedic medicine used for the treatment of sexual problems. It is a rich source of more than 25 alkaloids, saponins, steroids, proteins, etc. Its wonderful therapeutic values are mainly attributed to the presence of saponins and alkaloids. It is widely used in enhancing male potency, and in dealing with erectile problems, low sperm count, premature ejaculation, etc. It is a perfect aphrodisiac which could be used as a suitable replacement for Viagra without having any malicious side effects.
Shilajit (Asphaltum purificata): This age-old wonder herb is always considered as the last resort for male sexual problems. It contains more than 49 precious minerals which are the invaluable sources of its amazing medicinal value. It addresses the core reasons of the problems and rejuvenates our reproductive system in order to heal up erectile problems, weak libido, and severalother related disorders.
Herbal Supplements for Erectile Dysfunction
Butea Superba Capsule and Cream: These herbal products are formulated with Butea superba and lots of other esteemed herbs which are extremely effective in alleviating erectile problems. A combined effect of these two herbal medications would help to achieve a hard and prolonged erection without imposing a single side effect.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Shilajit Herbal Capsules are prepared from the purest form of this unique herb preserving the optimum medicinal attributes. A regular use of this medicine would undoubtedly help you to beat erectile problems. Being totally natural it is completely free from any side effects.
Kohinoor Gold: This amazing herbal supplement is formulated with the extract of some of the most eminent herbs like winter cherry, cowhage, asparagus racemosus, etc. which effectively enhance the blood flow at the penile area and helps the spongy tissues to hold the blood for a considerable period. A regular use of this natural medication would undoubtedly give you relief from weak erection for lifetime.